Thursday, January 27, 2011

Keeping It Simple But Yet, Very Attractive...

Hair brings one's self-image into focus; it is vanity's proving ground.  Hair is terribly personal, a tangle of mysterious prejudices.  ~Shana Alexander

Does it ever happen to you that when you go out that you just can't pick an outfit to wear and you end up changing about 50 times??  I can say that it happens to me ALL the time.  When i'm getting ready, particularly when i'm going out, the whole wardrobe goes out onto the bed until I can find an outfit.  But it doesn't stop there.    I also think that for the outfit that you pick...your hair must go with also because your hair plays a HUGE part in your finished look.  Like i'm so fussy over my hair, like if I have a bad hair day I wont leave the house but that is besides the point.  

We all know who Audrey Hepburn is, or at least we should.  She is incredibly famous for you film career and she was adored by many but i'm not here to talk about that.  Im more interested in her right now for her hair.  The majority of time she had a beehive hairstyle and this hairstyle began to become popular in the 1950's, around the time she started her film career.  


I want to talk about this style because it is so simple to do and when women are getting ready for a night out it is such a simple but yet very attractive style and goes with the majority of outfits.  As I said, it is a simple style to do, all you need is a straightener, a curler, some hair clips and hairspray and of course, the will to do it and make it look good for you.  It is a popular hairstyle among celebrities also, with Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez pulling it off very well while Amy Winehouse uses it most often.  






As you can see, this hairstyle pleases the eye.  So if you are doubting what to do with your hair for a night out, why not go for the beehive hairstyle?? 

In other news, I featured in the UCD fashion show last night and I had the time of my life.  Still high on adrenalin from the experience.  Im mentioning it because I dyed my hair grey for it and got the makeup artists to try and blend my make up with it and to be fair...I LOVED the make up.  It is quiet different but yet very good. 



Mark =) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...