Sunday, February 13, 2011

As Crazy As Alice In Wonderland...

His hair stood upright like porcupine quills.
- Giovanni Boccaccio


We all know who she is.  We all hated her when we were younger because of her evilness but what CANT go unnoticed is her hair.  The quote above perfectly describes Cruella De Ville's hair.  It is almost like she stuck her finger in a socket to get the finished affect.  I love the two tones of color.  I would love to know how she achieved the white cause any time I have tried to get white it does not work out so well.  It just goes yellow.  But thankfully after loads of experiencing, I found out that a great deal of tinter after bleaching helps a lot.  


People have attempted and failed at trying out this hairstyle.  Victoria Beckham and Angelina Jolie both tried it but it never really worked out.  To achieve this you would need a nylon brush and hairspray.  Take your hair and brush it up into the air while hair spraying it, this will help it stay up.  Maybe to help it rise, add some strong product.  I would recommend V05 Matt Clay.  Its such a hard style to achieve but if your up for it, then try it out and let me know how it went.  

Now think of hazelnut brown, navy, black, blonde and some red.  And now think of Cruella De Ville as an influence?  What kind of hairstyle can you think of??  Think it could be done?  I did not think those colors would go together but I was proved wrong.  




AMAZING right??  I bet you did not think it would be like this.  This hair grabs your attention for so long.  I got lost gazing at it.  I love all the colors in it.  Kay does all the colors herself which I found incredible.  It suits her image so well.  I love the way she added in a smaller version of a VICTORY ROLL.  The two BUNS on top also add to the endless adventure of this hairstyle.  The style reminds me of Alice In Wonderland for some  reason.  Its just so colorful and crazy, but in a good way.  Looking at Kay's hair, I can see the influence of Cruella De Ville.  She certainly did better than Victoria Beckham did.  See for yourself:


Check out Kay's blog: Post Moder Sleeze. Thanks for reading peeps!! 

Mark =) x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...