Thursday, March 10, 2011

I've Seen That Face Before...

Everyone has to make their own decisions. I still believe in that. You just have to be able to accept the consequences without complaining. ~ Grace Jones

Grace+Jones+Grace03

Grace_Jones_02

grace-jones

grace-jones (1)

The above quote....She speaks sense.  What cant Grace Jones do??  She sings, acts and is a HUGE fashion icon.  Give me her life of achievments and I will be a VERY happy person.  I am a very BIG bond fan and I loved her in "A View To A Kill".  She is such a respectable icon, for me anyway.  She is not afraid to do anything, and judging from her fashion shoots, she loves to get creative...that goes for her hair also.  Anytime I have seen her she has her normal undercut...reminds me of the undercuts that use to be on the action men when I was younger.  Did I just say that?  It was today when her song "I've seen that face before" struck me. But it was not the face.  It was more like: I've seen that hair before...

IMG_2937

IMG_2938

IMG_2939

She said she was influenced by Grace Jones, along with calling her a legend.  The influence is clearly seen.  I'm not even going to go on another rant about undercuts because you all know that I ADORE them.  Honestly, I'm glad I seen this because it reminded me of Grace Jones again and it was like a breath of fresh air. Better still, like me, she cuts and styles it herself.  She was influenced by her icon.  Who is your icon??  Why not take there style and work it into your own style??

Mark =) x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...